Well the second annual “Coolest SOB In The Conservative Blogoshere” contest is over, and we have our winner…
Joe Dan – @ Intellectual Froglegs
From the We HEART IFL Facebook page
YOUR FANS AT We HEART IFL!!!
Runner-Up goes to…
Kenny Lane ( Wirecutter) @ Knuckledraggin My Life Away
(Not Always NSFW)
And third goes to…
Stilton Jarsberg@ HopeNChangeCartoons.com
And just for being nominated into such a prestigious group…
Score With Handicap Updated 6/09/13 07:06 PM cst
Well bloggers tonight is the final night of voting. Tomorrow we will crown In The Coolest SOB In The Conservative Blogosphere for 2013. It is a prestigious title to hold for a year. One that carries a lot of responsibility. But I have complete confidence that whoever comes out on top will represent us well.
It has been a lot of hard work putting up this little contest. I hope you all had fun.
No it is not perfect, and yes it can be done better. But I do my best to make it fair, and I try to improve it on it each year.
Suggestion are always welcome.
Tomorrow night I will enter the final votes into the spreadsheet and announce the final scores…
About Intellectual Frog Legs:
After consulting with a number of people, I have decided to move Joe Dan into the same handicap ranking as wirecutter. With 3,090 subscribers on his Youtube page, averaging over 5,000 views per video, I just can’t justify putting him in the 200 daily hit blog category.
Next year I will come up a formula to better include video bloggers into the handicap system.
Someone said they were having trouble voting – it is logged by ip address. I cleared the logs, so the last day is going to be interesting…
If you are still having trouble voting try deleting your cache files…
Calling Angry White Dude’s Bluff
Sexiest Conservative Blogger
contest will be October 1st…
I will make the sexiest award ever, and start taking nominees just as soon as this contest is over… I will put a link up on this thread later…
AWD is grandfathered in. We will see if his super sexy brilliance is enough?
Stilt @ Hope ‘n Change unveils the prizes, and is making a strong showing…
“The first place winner will be sent to Guantanamo Bay with a black bag over his or her head, and the runner-ups will be audited within an inch of their lives until the sun is a cold, dark ember.”
BC: I have had it – this is getting embarrassing. I am going away to sulk, gather allies and to scheme!
And to consult my new consultant…
Despite rumors that he is the long lost, more feminine, twin to Janet Napolitano, Joe Dan has jumped to an early lead.
Thanks to a Facebook drive by his loyal fans…
Update: Can’t get much cooler than this.
I asked Pamela if she would be beating up on FurHat this year again in our little contest – this was her reply:
lol. I think it would be cool if some up and comer got it — or a long time blogger who hasn’t gotten the recognition he/she deserves.
Yours in liberty, Pamela Geller Editor, Publisher Atlas Shrugs
SOB = SWEET OLD BLOGGER
Update: I will add late entries as quick as I see them to the poll – and the then handicap sheet at the end of the contest…
Voting Ends Saturday June 8th at midnight CST…
May The Coolest SOB Win !!
Clarification: You can vote for every blogger you like one time – after you vote once either for one guy or the sixty four, you are done.
Well unless you go to another IP address and fool the poll
Who Is The Coolest Blogger Of 2013
- Buffoon @ Blur Brain (1%, 18 Votes)
- Jim @ Conservatives on Fire (0%, 6 Votes)
- Arron Burr @ Evil Conservatives (1%, 14 Votes)
- BigFurHat @ IOTW (6%, 157 Votes)
- David @ The Daily Cheese (0%, 4 Votes)
- Oleg Atbashian @ The People’s Cube (4%, 113 Votes)
- Martin @ WWTFT (0%, 5 Votes)
- Gatordoug @ The Daily Gator (1%, 16 Votes)
- Maggie – Maggie’s Notebook (1%, 36 Votes)
- Bob Mack – Be Sure You’re Right (0%, 7 Votes)
- ‘Grumpy’ – Grumpy Opinions (0%, 11 Votes)
- Reaganite – Reaganite Republican (1%, 20 Votes)
- Dave Blount - Moonbattery (5%, 128 Votes)
- Doug Ross - DR and Journal (1%, 29 Votes)
- BC - I’m 41 (2%, 47 Votes)
- Wirecutter – Knuckledraggin (22%, 597 Votes)
- Pissed - Feral Irishman (8%, 216 Votes)
- Ulsterman – The Ulsterman Report (2%, 48 Votes)
- JustCommonSense - Lost in America (0%, 8 Votes)
- Mockarena- Chicks On The Right (2%, 48 Votes)
- Daisy- Chicks On The Right (2%, 42 Votes)
- Harvey – IMAO (3%, 82 Votes)
- Robert Spencer – Jihad Watch (3%, 76 Votes)
- Elena McCall – Conservative Truth (0%, 5 Votes)
- Silverfiddle – WESTERN HERO (0%, 5 Votes)
- Gerard – AMERICAN DIGEST (1%, 24 Votes)
- Maksim – imaksim.com (2%, 42 Votes)
- Steve - Cry and Howl (0%, 11 Votes)
- LC – anti-idiotarian Rottweiler (1%, 23 Votes)
- LadyRaven – Whiskey In A jar (0%, 12 Votes)
- Curmudgeon – Political Clown Parade (1%, 19 Votes)
- Jared – The Looking Spoon (1%, 32 Votes)
- Sarcastica – Diogenes Middle Finger (1%, 40 Votes)
- Sundance – The Last Refuge (3%, 95 Votes)
- Jim Hoft @ The Gateway Pundit (2%, 63 Votes)
- Skookum @ Flopping Aces (0%, 12 Votes)
- AWD @ Angry White Dude (3%, 79 Votes)
- DrJohn @ Flopping Aces (0%, 8 Votes)
- Sad Hill @ Sad Hill News (1%, 14 Votes)
- Bob @ Black & Right (1%, 15 Votes)
- Will Profit @ Capitalist Preservation (1%, 21 Votes)
- RANDY @ Randy’s Round Table (0%, 12 Votes)
- Mr Pinko – @ IOTW (2%, 65 Votes)
- Mr. Positive – @ Proof Positive (1%, 15 Votes)
- Odie – @ Man Got Wood (0%, 11 Votes)
- DIANNY - @ Maser Media (2%, 56 Votes)
- earl - @ The Earl of Taint (0%, 11 Votes)
- Broken Patriot - @ The Broken Patriot (0%, 12 Votes)
- Miss K - @ MissK's World... (4%, 118 Votes)
- William Teach - @ Pirate’s Cove (1%, 17 Votes)
- Arron Burr – @ Evil Conservatives (1%, 15 Votes)
- Angrymike - @ Angrymikes Hood (3%, 71 Votes)
- Scooter Van Neuter – @ Big Hairy News (1%, 36 Votes)
- Joe Dan – @ IntellectualFroglegs (27%, 743 Votes)
- Orly Taitz – @ orlytaitzesq.com (1%, 26 Votes)
- Gina Miller – @ RenewAmerica (6%, 172 Votes)
- Stilton Jarsberg – @ HopeNChangeCartoons.com (12%, 318 Votes)
- Angel – @ The Lonely Libertarian (4%, 116 Votes)
- Daniel Greenfield – @ Sultan Knish (2%, 61 Votes)
- Will - @ Pro Libertate (0%, 4 Votes)
- Soylent Green - @ Soylent Refuge (3%, 72 Votes)
- David Yeagley - @ Bad Eagle (1%, 14 Votes)
- David Burge - @ IowaHawk (5%, 126 Votes)
- Eric Dondero - @ Libertarian Republican (0%, 7 Votes)
- Alfonzo Rachel - @ ZoNation (3%, 95 Votes)
- Chris Muir - @ Day By Day Cartoon (3%, 69 Votes)
- Tara Ross - @ TaraRoss.com (0%, 1 Votes)
- Navy Gentleman - @ Conservative Vctory News (0%, 10 Votes)
- GunnyG - @ THE ANTI LIBERAL ZONE (1%, 14 Votes)
- Bustedknuckles – @ The Vulgar Curmudgeon (0%, 11 Votes)
- nmbillb @ - Survivalist Boards (2%, 51 Votes)
- Larry Sinclair - LS News Group (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,748
Here are the contestants so far, and the handicaps based on their Alexa Traffic Rank. Don’t forget to clue in your nominees, so that they have a chance of winning…
THE COOLEST SOB IN THE CONSERVATIVE BLOGOSPHERE 2013!!
(SOB = Sweet Old Blogger)
About The Contest
There are thousands of super cool personalities in the conservative blogosphere. This award is not only an attempt to find the coolest, but also to celebrate the rest of them.
When I first started blogging, I sent a tip to Andrew Brietbart on just on a whim. It was before he became so famous by bringing down ACORN, but he still was a big time blogger. I almost fell down when I received a return email. I first thought it was a robo-email until I read it. He thanked me and said that he had already run story, but that he appreciated my effort.
I remember thinking “that is one cool SOB.” He took time out of his busy schedule to answer an email from a nobody blogger who was a stranger to boot.
He is not the only blogger out there that excels in: all around coolness, class, common courtesy, etiquette, selflessness, and genuine respect for the efforts of other conservative bloggers — no matter how minimum.
So in honor of him and other classy SOBS like him, I am kicking off the first annual “Coolest SOB In The Conservative Blogoshpere” award.
Grumpy Elder: “You need some publicity, I found out you were running the contest again this year by accident“
I am getting a start on it early because I felt bad because some really great bloggers didn’t get clued in last time until after the contest started.
Some of the changes for 2013 will be an improved simplified handicap system, no ability to nominate yourself, and the ability to vote multiple times (multiple people).
Plus, I will not be nominating anyone myself this time.
The deadline to nominate someone will be June 1st 2013 at midnight CST. Voting will began June the 2nd as soon as I can get the poll up.
Voting Will Last One Week
Big Blogs: All sites with a an Alexa Traffic Rank of less than 150,000 will see no increase in the vote count.
Moderately Big Blogs: All Sites with an Alexa Traffic Rank of between 150,000 and 500,000 will see an increase of 25% in the vote count.
Medium Sized Blogs: All Sites with an Alexa Traffic Rank of between 500,000 and 1,000,000 will see an increase of 50% in the vote count.
Smaller Blogs: All Sites with an Alexa Traffic Rank of 1,000,000 or greater will see an increase of 100% in the vote count.
To nominate someone
Leave their name or pseudonym, the name of the site at which they blog, and it’s url address in the comment box below.
(If you want them to have a chance of winning, you will need to clue them in before the voting starts)
Update: To save time and work the legacy of participation rule will apply. Those who have been nominated will remain nominated from now on.
I will update this thread once a month with the nominee’s information at the bottom in the comment box.
Note: Comments on threads close after 100 days (because of pingback spam) — if you can’t comment, email your nominee to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every nominee will receive a recognition award. I will place them at the bottom of this thread after the results are in.
The 2nd and 3rd place winners will also receive awards, to commemorate them holding the Coolest SOB In The Conservative Blogoshpere’s balls off the hot pavement while he/she accepts theirs.
May the coolest SOB win!
Buffoon @ Blur Brain – Nominated 1st by Xplodeit
Jim @ Conservatives on Fire – Nominated 1st by Steve
Arron Burr @ Evil Conservatives – Nominated 1st by Lucas062872
BigFurHat @ IOTW – Nominated 1st by DarcPrynce
David @ The Daily Cheese The Daily Cheese - Nominated 1st by Cryandhowl
Oleg Atbashian @ The People’s Cube - Nominated 1st by jkubin
Martin @ WWTFT- Nominated 1st by Steve
Gatordoug @ The Daily Gator - Nominated 1st by Pete (via email)
Maggie @ Maggie’s Notebook - Nominated 1st by Grumpy Elder
Bob Mack @ Be Sure You’re Right Then Go Ahead – Nominated 1st by Grumpy Elder
‘Grumpy’ @ Grumpy Opinions – Nominated 1st by Mike Kane
Reaganite @ Reaganite Republican – Nominated 1st by Maggie
Dave Blount @ Moonbattery – Nominated 1st by Maggie
Doug Ross @ Doug Ross and Journal - Nominated 1st by Maggie
BC @ I’m 41 – Nominated 1st by Maggie
Kenny Lane ( Wirecutter) @ Knuckledraggin My Life Away (Not Always NSFW) – Nominated 1st by Rick Lakehomer
Pissed @ Feral Irishman (NSFW) – Nominated 1st by Rick Lakehomer
Ulsterman @ The Ulsterman Report – Nominated 1st by Wishtrick
JustCommonSense @ Lost in America – Nominated 1st by KWWB1
Mockarena @ Chicks On The Right – Nominated 1st by Steph Norton
Daisy @ Chicks On The Right – Nominated 1st by Steph Norton
Harvey @ IMAO – Nominated 1st by 4of7
Robert Spencer @ Jihad Watch – Nominated 1st by BigFurHat
Elena McCall @ Conservative Truth – Nominated 1st by A Petree
Silverfiddle @ WESTERN HERO - Nominated 1st by Constitutional Insurgent
Gerard Van der Leun @ AMERICAN DIGEST – Nominated 1st by Maksim
Maksim @ imaksim.com - Nominated 1st by El Buffoon
Steve @ Cry and Howl - Nominated 1st by PatriotUSA
LC @ anti-idiotarian Rottweiler- Nominated 1st by PatriotUSA
LadyRaven @ Whiskey In A jar- Nominated 1st by PatriotUSA
Curmudgeon @ Political Clown Parade- Nominated 1st by PatriotUSA
Jared @ The Looking Spoon – Nominated 1st by Curmudgeon
Diogenes Sarcastica @ Diogenes Middle Finger - Nominated 1st by Curmudgeon
Sundance @ The Last Refuge - Nominated 1st by PatriotUSA
Jim Hoft @ The Gateway Pundit - Nominated 1st by coldeadhands
Skookum @ Flopping Aces - Nominated 1st by coldeadhands
AWD @ Angry White Dude – Nominated 1st by Jack Daniels
DrJohn @ Flopping Aces - Nominated 1st by claudia
Sad Hill @ Sad Hill News - Nominated 1st by claudia
Bob @ Black & Right – Nominated 1st by claudia
Will Profit @ Capitalist Preservation - Nominated 1st by Fart Soup
RANDY @ Randy’s Round Table - Nominated 1st by Will Profit
Mr Pinko – @ IOTW – Nominated 1st by Will Profit
Mr. Positive – @ Proof Positive – Nominated 1st by randyg1
Odie – @ woodsterman – Nominated 1st by randyg1
DIANNY – @ Maser Media – Nominated 1st by diogenes
earl – @ The Earl of Taint – Nominated 1st by diogenes
Broken Patriot – @ The Broken Patriot – Nominated 1st by Angrymike
Miss K – @ MissK’s World… – Nominated 1st by Angrymike
William Teach – @ Pirate’s Cove – Nominated 1st by Proof (@ProofBlog)
Arron Burr – @ Evil Conservatives – Nominated 1st by Winona G
Angrymike – @ Angrymikes Hood – Nominated 1st by MissK
Scooter Van Neuter – @ Big Hairy News – Nominated 1st by Earl of Taint
Joe Dan – @ IntellectualFroglegs– Nominated 1st by Arlie
Orly Taitz – @ orlytaitzesq.com – Nominated 1st by Arlie
Gina Miller – @ RenewAmerica – Nominated 1st by Pam
Stilton Jarsberg – @ HopeNChangeCartoons.com – Nominated 1st by Thelma Lou
Angel – @ The Lonely Libertarian – Nominated 1st by MissK
Daniel Greenfield – @ Sultan Knish – Nominated 1st by Arlie
Will – @ Pro Libertate – Nominated 1st by Indy InAsia-Pacific
Soylent Green – @ Soylent Refuge – Nominated 1st by Proof (@ProofBlog)
David Yeagley – @ Bad Eagle – Nominated 1st by Arlie
David Burge – @ IowaHawk– Nominated 1st by Dr Bennell
Eric Dondero – @ Libertarian Republican – Nominated 1st by bitterclinger
Alfonzo Rachel – @ ZoNation – Nominated 1st by Angi Benghazi Bryan
Chris Muir – @ Day By Day Cartoon - Nominated 1st by strnj1
Tara Ross – @ TaraRoss.com – Nominated 1st by Michaelantonio Luckette
Navy Gentleman – @ Conservative Vctory News – Nominated 1st by aplwb
GunnyG – @ THE ANTI LIBERAL ZONE – Nominated 1st by aplwb
Bustedknuckles – @ The Vulgar Curmudgeon – Nominated 1st by xenolith1964
nmbillb – @ Survivalist Boards – Nominated 1st by AmericanBTGoG
Larry Sinclair – @ LS News Group – Nominated 1st by MN Man
Let me know if I have your link or name wrong, or if I miss someone…